Are you using google home and google home mini like many others? It is a handy device, but you might face some issues if using it in the long run. To connect it with wifi, you might face some problems, and here is when the need to factory reset a google home mini appears.
It is not a complex process, but you have to follow some steps not to face any issues further. Continue reading as this article enlist all you the information about google home mini.
WHAT IS GOOGLE HOME:
Google home is a streak of smart speakers, including Google Home, google home Hub, Google Home Mini, and others.
It is marketed under the Google Nest brand and incorporates a diversity of smart home devices like the Google thermostat.
It has a Google assistant built-in right there, and thus, it can do several tasks for you, which includes:
- Provide you with weather updates.
- Answer all your informational queries.
- Manage your calendar.
- Read out the latest news brief for your area.
- Create shopping lists.
WHAT IS GOOGLE HOME MINI:
It is a miniaturized version of the Google Home smart speaker. It occupies less space, and the speaker quality isn’t as good, but it still provides complete access to Google Assistant.
HOW TO FACTORY RESET GOOGLE HOME MINI:
Follow these steps if you want to know how to factory reset google home mini:
- On the bottom of Home Mini, press and hold the factory reset button located just below the power cord.
- Search for a circle sculpted into the base.
- After five seconds, your device will start the factory reset process.
- Now, continue to hold onto the button for a few more seconds until your device confirms that it is resetting.
A QUICK COMPARISON BETWEEN GEN – 1 AND GEN – 2 OF GOOGLE HOME MINI:
Both the generations are similar in performance, design, and other functions, but what are the disparities, and is it worth the upgrade?
Let’s have a look,
- The upgraded version had a far better sound system, and Google was exceptionally impressive at satisfying the customer frustrations regarding the poorly built sound system of the initial generation.
- Both devices are roughly the same size, but the successor appliance provided a new color and is made from 38% more eco-friendly products than its predecessor.
- The second generation has a better processor, making it a more efficient and responsive device.
- With the introduction of Bluetooth 5.0, the successor model is an obvious choice from a tech perspective.
- Looking at the prices, a drop of $10 was observed with the introduction of the new generation.
- In the Google Home Mini, the reset button is located at the bottom of the device and must be pressed for 15 seconds until the confirmation is heard.
- Whereas in Google Nest, the process is pretty the same. It is just that the button in the center of the top of the device is the reset button.
How to factory reset google home mini is a question of many. That was all about the Google Home that you might need to know.