Facebook is believed to be the “King of Social Media” claiming 2.6 billion active users per month. It has mesmerized the people with its marvelous features by allowing them to remain in touch with their loved ones, friends and others. But sometimes, you may encounter some irritating and such persons by whom a feeling of aversion or disapproval ensued. The days of fighting had gone. Now you can simply stop talking to them and enjoy your peace by moving own with a silent war which we can call as “Blocking”. Facebook has such a feature too and we can avoid such persons by simply blocking without knowing them. After that they won’t be able to approach you anymore. It is just like closing your doors on someone’s online presence. tiktok news
You are absolutely at the right page if you are just sick of persons you don’t like!
In a few minutes you’ll be able to block and ignore them permanently.
You can block someone on mobile as well as on desktop. Here these two methods are discussed below:
Method # 1:
On Mobile Phones
Follow these steps:
- Open the app.
- Tap on the sign of 3 lines which looks like this ☰.In case of android you may see it on the top right corner and in the case of iPhone you’ll find this at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- By scrolling down you’ll see the option of “Setting & Privacy” (in latest version of Facebook). Simply tap it.
- Now press the “Settings“.
- A new tab will open and by scrolling down you’ll see the option of “Blocking“.
(Yes! This is what all you need. Thank you Facebook for this option)
- Tap on it and on the next page you’ll see the “+” along with words “ADD TO BLOCK LIST“.
- By tapping on it near the top of the screen the text box saying “Type a name or email” will appear.
(Finally here we go!)
- Typethe name or e-mail of that person whom you want to block.
- Tap on the “Block” icon to right of the one whom you want to black.
- Now, new tab will appear which is for confirmation of your decision. Simply tap on blue “Block” option.
Congratulations! You have blocked the person successfully.
Method # 2:
Follow these steps:
- Go to the link of Facebook i.e. https://www.facebook.com/
- At the front page you’ll see a sign of inverted triangle. Click it and a drop-down menu will prompt.
- The rest steps are same as we done in mobiles:
Settings > Blocking > Name field > Block
(Step # 4-10)
Tip: Firstly, unfollow someone before blocking to avoid seeing their updates.
Now, if you have changed your decision you can unblock them. It is also a very easy process. Only go to the “Block Users” section and a list of blocked persons will appear. Tap on “Unblock” button and it’s done but keep in mind that you can’t re-block someone before 48 hours.